Part-Time Class Coach
646 Weightlifting Gym is a new gym in the Toronto area. While our primary focus is on developing and promoting olympic weightlifting, we also offer strength classes (powerlifting, weightlifting and bodybuilding movements) as well as bootcamp and conditioning/CrossFit-style classes that appeal to the general public.
PRIMARY TRAINER OBJECTIVES
- Lead 646 Perform, 646 Fit, and (potentially) Bootcamp group classes
- Initial Consultations and baseline workouts with new clients
- Basic Customer service (greeting clients, answering emails, etc)
- Availability between 8:00 am – 5:30 pm during weekdays (hours per week will vary)
- Available on weekends (3hr total morning shifts)
- Other hours may be needed (advance notice will be given).
- Assist in social media & marketing
- Understanding of strength movement fundamentals of powerlifting & olympic weightlifting
- Understanding of the fundamentals of CrossFit principles
- Ability to instruct new members in a clear and easy to understand way.
- Strong organizational and planning skills.
- Effective time management skills.
- Assist in development of programming
- Read and understand information and ideas
- Establish and maintain relationships with team members and gym members
- Ability to plan, set and meet deadlines.
- Professional demeanour and appearance.
- Motivating and encouraging clients to stay consistent
- Experience as a Strength & Conditioning Coach/Personal Trainer, Group Fitness Instructor not required but considered an asset
- Level 1 CrossFit Certification an asset but not required
- Personable with positive attitude to encourage new customers
- CPR/First Aid
- NCCP Level 1 Technical in Weightlifting or equivalent would be considered an asset
- Position: Part-time (with potential for full-time hours as gym grows)
- Position at 646 Weightlifting Gym entitles free membership for employee and spouse.
- Wage: $20.00 Per Hour
If you or anyone you know may be looking for a new career opportunity (or even some casual part time shifts) in a fun, positive community, please let us know! Apply directly below.